Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First Post







So, let me introduce myself not that anyone, but my friend Kim is reading! :)

Oh, and these pictures are backwards, but forgive me, this is all new to me. Starting from the bottom in the white shirt is prior to surgery and then pics for the next 4 weeks!

I am 38 and 5'8" tall. I have been overweight on and off my entire adult life. I had Gastric Bypass RNY on 4/4/2011. I will catch you up on what has occurred for the last month!

After 7 months of classes, drs appts etc I finally went in for surgery on 4.4. I wasn't nervous at all and just excited to start this new chapter in my life.
I don't really remember the first 24 hrs in the hospital, but when I came out of my medication haze things weren't so bad. I was in the hospital for 3 days and my first full day at home I felt great! I went back to my routine of driving the kids etc. I didn't think I would feel as well as I did and was so happy not to feel like a train wreck. I don't have time for anything else.
In the past month, I have had a great experience. No real side affects and I have lost a wonderful 44 pounds! Here are some pictures to show off the changes.
I also started working out 1 week after my surgery. I am trying to work out 6 days a week. A combination of Body Pump,running, swimming and biking. I want to maybe do a sprint tri in August, but we will see how that goes. No promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment